Saturday, April 15, 2006

! SYNTAX ERROR ! .... :-(

I'm working on my website - it's going well and everything's working fine.

Well, everything except a JavaScript function, although I've now got that problem fixed...

...after an hour!

I need a JavaScript function that makes a layer invisible/visible when someone clicks on an image hotspot. After a bit of research, I found a solution. It was quite simple and elegant, so I used it. I wrote it into my code by hand and checked everything, before customising it to suit my needs. I checked everything again, ran it in FireFox and clicked on the link.

Nothing.

I changed bits, swapped things in, swapped things out, rearanged the code, checked capitilisation and general rooted around for an hour trying to solve the problem.

I did more research and trawled the web, trying the page in different browsers, but to no avail.

I was about to admit defeat when I noticed something on line 8 of the script:



I'D SPELT FUNCTION WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Better go and make up for lost time...

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home