Sunday, June 25, 2006

Caravans, drilling rigs and a landy.

Today I was dragged out for a walk along the promenade in Portrush. I actually quite enjoyed it, just don't tell anyone I did! As you have probably come to expect from the House of Chipmunk, the camera was going constantly. We're talking upwards of fifty photos! I have selected the best and posted them below:


The Skerries (off the coast of Portrush)
Some beautiful rock formations. (taken from the picnic site on the Bushmills<>Portrush road)

The picnic site had...er...how can I put this so it's even vaguely politically correct? Gypsies is the only thing I can really think of! Anyway, the picnic site had gypsies camping in it and they were scaring all the other people off. Three of them came over and started checking our car. My and Dad were not happy - we chased them off and departed quickly.

Portrush in all its...er...glory...

Across the water...

The Harbour

The Harbour and the opposite coast

The local lifeboat in all its glory.
The small Harbour beyond the bridge. The Ramore Wine Bar and the Harbour bar are just to the left in this picture.

That damn rig again!

I'll be doing research into Seacore and I'll see if I can work out what's going on...

This seems to be a crane that has been bolted on (i.e. not part of the original rig design)

This is especially for CMOT... ;-)

We parked in the West Strand car park and walked along the promenade, going along the seafront. We then ate ice-cream at the harbour and I nearly dropped mine when I realised the smaller (although still massive) drilling rig was sitting there in the harbour right in front of me! I discovered that it's run by a company called Seacore, so I'll have to do a bit of research about them....

David

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-O
A Series III Light-weight Landy! For me? Cheers man! :D

Has it been perloined and sent over? ;)


Some great pics - you should really persuade your folks to get a proper digi camera for you. :)

9:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and sod political correctness - drive over the b*****ds in that landy for me, would you? Might make me feel better after they filched the roof and tailgate from my old landy. (|+(

;-)

9:18 pm  
Blogger theChipmunk said...

Wow - you were quick!

Yeah...I'm trying get something with a decent zoom!

theChipmunk

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home