Friday, July 07, 2006

Excellent build quality...just a bit of superglue and it'll be fine.

You know those products that come with a notice saying "WARNING - Some assembly required!"?

Yeah. Well, my wireless card (a Belkin 802.11g model) should carry that warning - it's been having some problems.

It all started a couple of days ago when I noticed that part of the edge of the card was curling up and was bent so much that it was causing problems inserting it into the PCMCIA port. I tried to push it down again and I partially succeeded - enough for me to continue using it.

However, it got worse, as more of the card bent up for no apparent reason. A pair of pliers arrived on the scene, but to no avail. I now couldn't insert the card, so it was a bit useless. Ergo, we realised that we had nothing to use and superglue was called for.

A quick spot of glue later and the card was back in my computer (don't worry, I checked for any leaks!) and working perfectly again.

Still don't know why it decided to curl...

David

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's like a Swiss Roll.

11:49 pm  
Blogger theChipmunk said...

Perhaps it is.

Or maybe it was just crap. Who knows?

theChipmunk

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home