Saturday, July 08, 2006

Indian Cuisine


We went to an Indian last night. It was quite good, but the service was awful! Also, the high tea menu they advertise in the paper doesn't mention that it only runs Monday to Thursday, which is quite sneaky. The guy told my dad this and he just said, "Okay" and started to walk out when the man said, "But I'm sure we could make an exception..."

The food was good, though - I had a mild chicken curry and I thought it was delicious. I'm not a fan of really spicy food, but it had just the right amount of oomph for me. The starters were also lovely - and they made it to the table pretty fast!

There's something about the decor in that place that I can't quite warm to...I think it's because there's only windows at the front, so the rest of the interior is lit artificially. Still, it is quite nice, with comfy seats, authentic Indian music and candles.

I would go back there for the food, but the service and decor are a bit off-putting.

David

P.S. Their website address is www.indusvalleyltd.com. It seems to be powered by CMS, which is pretty professional. I'm told reliably that they had it done by a design company, although parts of the site (especially the 'table menu' - whatever that is!) are a bit amateurish. Also, their map is completely wrong. I haven't a clue how they did it or even where they got that awful map from, but it's pretty pathetic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home